1. How to Handle Trays?
- All trays must be clean and stain free.
- Never overload or stack up too high.
- Small service tray should be carried with one hand.
- Big tray must be always carried with two hands.
- Place the left hand under the Center of the tray with fingers spreading out comfortably.
- Heavy, high and hot items must be closed to your body.
- Don’t walk too fast and Always use tray mat or liner for balance.
2. How to Change Ashtrays?
- Ashtrays must be clean.
- Maximum 2 cigarette butts in the ashtray at any time.
- Do not ask the guest to pick up their lit cigarette so that you may change the ashtray.
- Remove astray from the table if guest is a non – smoker.
- Place one of the clean ashtrays straight on the top of the dirty ashtray while removing.
- Always wash your hands after changing ashtrays.
- Wait until the guest finished the cigarette, then approach, asking politely if they mind you change their ashtray.
3. How to Serve Snacks?
- Snacks are served for very guest who seat for a drink.
- All bar snacks are free of charge and refillable. (depending upon your hotel policy)
- Serve the bar snacks right away when guest seated.
- Quantity of bar snacks differ on the number of guest.
- If bar snacks is with a shell, each bowl should have an empty bowl.
- Always make sure there are enough paper tissues while serving snacks.
4. How to serve Cigars and Cigarette?
- Present cigar tray to the guest, with the cigar menu.
- All cigar and cigarette must be served as per guest order.
- Employees must know what products we sell in the outlet.
- All cigarettes must be served on a BB plate with hotel matches.
- Cigars should be accompanied with cigar ashtray.
- Always offer to light guest cigar or cigarette.
- After the guest chosen cigar, prepare cigar ashtray, cutter and matches.
- Ask the guest if they would like to have cigar cut and lit, And Cut cigar according to the guest preference.
- Light the cigar by using cigar torch or matches and Wave cigar to move lighted embers.
5. How to Handle Telephone in F&B outlets?
- All Telephone calls must be answered before the third ring.
- Always ensure a “smile” in the voice before answering all calls.
- The phone call should be answered as follows:
- “Good Morning / Evening, *(Outlet name). Eric speaking. How may I assist you.”
- If you are attending a guest face to face while the telephone rings, then excuse yourself, answer the telephone and if required ask the caller if you can put them on hold or offer a call back later.
- Always ensure to thank the guest for calling.
- Under no circumstances will a telephone call be answered by asking: “Who is calling?”
- Maintain correct posture while answering the phone.
- Always verify the source of the call by looking at the screen of the phone.
- Always finish the call with “Thank you for calling”