Position Title: Breakfast Chef
Reports To: Sous Chef / Head Chef
As a breakfast chef you would be responsible to prepare and deliver to breakfast service, providing a high standard of fresh food in a busy hotel restaurant. Oversee the checking of all early morning deliveries.
Also be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen on a daily basis and take full responsibility and accountability for the Breakfast Shift. Additionally ensuring that all policies and procedures laid down by management are implemented.
Breakfast Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take control of the breakfast service and ensure guests receive a truly delicious and memorable breakfast
- Cooking and managing breakfast service and assisting with lunch service.
- Setting up and cleaning down the kitchen after breakfast.
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean and hygienic at all times.
- Ensure all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- Ensure all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Ensure all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- Ensure the department is operated within the appropriate legislation and the appropriate records are maintained up-to-date.
- Ensure any anticipated issues are communicated promptly to the Head Chef.
- Ensure all staff under your control are treated fairly and with courtesy.
- Ensuring and controlling levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Collect feedback from the guest during the breakfast session and report to Executive chef on any complaints or issues.
- Monitor and Ensuring that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Personal grooming and appearance standards are met regarding cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Assist with producing menus and new dishes.
- Liaise with Purchase Manager regarding daily raw materials for breakfast.
- Ensure costings and budgets are achieved
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and regulations.
- Have a good knowledge on health & safety, hygiene, equal opportunities, HACCP and any other legislation.
- Able to handle pressure calmly and professionally.
- Attend training courses as and when required.
- Hours of work are normally 6am to 2pm.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- Passion for cooking
- Friendly outgoing personality along with excellent personal presentation.
- Passionate about producing high quality food.
- Able to tackle every task given to you with the highest levels of enthusiasm.
- Be an excellent team player
Degree or Diploma in hotel / culinary management. Computer knowledge and experience in using the Materials Management Software.
2 to 3 years of experience is full service or branded hotels. Relevant experience gained in a similar environment is desirable.