JOB TITLE: Bus Person
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager / Supervisor
A Bus Person He / She is responsible to set and clears restaurant tables, stocks all service stations and assist food servers with table service to ensure total guest satisfaction.
Quickly clear dirty table settings and prepare table for resetting. Promptly and consistently reset all service ware as prescribed.
BUS PERSON DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the dining area, including all tables and chairs.
- Restocks the dining room and side stations with tableware, flatware, utensils, condiments and linen.
- Always maintain adequate supplies in the side station when the restaurant is open.
- Prepare all beverage required for service, including coffee, iced tea and hot water.
- Fill up the curate set and other condiments.
- Greet guest after they are seated.
- Reset tables with fresh linens and set the table according to the meal period.
- Pick up food from kitchen and bring to the side stations.
- Assist restaurant servers to serve the guest.
- Pour water and refill coffee and tea cups.
- During busy periods assist servers by serving food and beverage to guests.
- Perform outlet opening duties such as setting tables, chairs, Chef in dish or chaffing dish, printing item / dish names for placing in front of the dishes.
- Cleaning side stations and stocking and replenishing side station supplies.
- Emptying and cleaning food preparation carts.
- Cleaning the coffee urn and the bread warmer.
- Returning soiled linens to the laundry.
- Collecting fresh linens and taking them to the restaurant / room service / banquet room.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a changing clientele and environment.
- Other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor, Manager and/or Department Director.
- Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required
Previous experience in similar Job role.