POSITION TITLE: Public Area Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper / Asst. Executive Housekeeper
Public Area Supervisor is responsible for the cleanliness of hotels public areas including hotel exteriors. He or She also need to train and inspect the performance of assigned public area attendants ensuring that all procedures are completed as per the hotel’s operating standards.
In charge and supervises cleaning activity of areas including lobby, restaurants, lounges, SPA, executive offices, pool area, public wash rooms, garden areas, corridors, pathway, banquets, perimeter of hotel, heart of the house corridors, locker rooms, staircases etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the day to day cleaning of hotel public areas.
- Perform routine inspections of all public areas, service areas, and storerooms.
- Schedule and supervise deep cleaning and any other projects.
- Supervise and coordinate pest control, flowers, plants and periodical deep cleaning operations on all area of responsibility.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Anticipate guest’s needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and according to time of day.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Assign duties and coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Ensure that assigned staff have reported to work, and also document any late or absent employees.
- Prepare and distribute assignment work sheets to assigned staff and review priorities.
- Assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Clean public areas in emergency situations.
- Efficiently manage stock control and the maintenance of all equipment.
- Issue supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to control inventory.
- Report all maintenance defects and follow up with Engineering.
- Complete work orders forms for equipment maintenance or repairs and submit to Housekeeping desk control.
- Report all lost and found articles immediately to the desk coordinator.
- Responsible to Check staff grooming and hygiene.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving.
- Review status of assignments and hand over any follow-up action with on-coming supervisor.
- Informs Management about any damage, theft or loss to hotel property.
- Answer inquires to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Manage and train Public Area Attendants and other team members to ensure their performance meets the standards required.
- Provide feedback on staff performance and Report disciplinary problems to Executive Housekeeper.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the housekeeper.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, caring individual with good cross cultures sensitivity and a concern for quality and an eye for details.
Should ideally have a diploma or vocational training in hospitality industry.
Minimum 3 to 4 years work experience as a Public Area Attendant or Asst. Supervisor within the hotel industry. Computer literacy and previous experiences using property management systems are an advantage.