Job Title: Server / Waiter
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager / Supervisor
Ensure that all guests are served to the hotels standard in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas. Display highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas.
Takes orders for, serves (where applicable, prepares) food and beverages to guests as per the hotels standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
F&B SERVER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale ( POS ) system.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc, Without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co – ordinate with the busperson, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Server food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering
- desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist buspersons with stocking and maintaing the resturant par stock levels and side station.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous serving experience required.
Excellent oral communication skills required.
Positive interpersonal skills required.
Can handle local language and English.