SOP Number: HK – 24 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Housekeeping – Public Area
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED.
Time to Train: 30 Minutes
Cleaning Elevators / Lift :
- Elevator is cleaned on a daily basis because of their volume of use.
- The best time to schedule the elevator cleaning is either during late night or very early morning in order to avoid high usage.
- Take the elevator out of service as per the properties policies.
- The elevator / ligt door should stay open untill you have finished cleaning and then place the elevator back to service.
- According to the interior design and materials used on elevator, the appropriate cleaning methods and cleaning solutions to be used.
- The public area attendant should follow the specific method to clean each different surface on elevator for an effective cleaning.
- Start cleaning from the top to down to avoid resoling areas already cleaned.
- Use a step ladder to reach the celing and clean ceiling with a feather duster.
- Wipe the ceiling and lights with a damp cloth followed by a dry cloth.
- Clean the mirrors and step back and check the surface for streaks.
- Wipe button with a damp duster, Don’t spray cleaning solution on buttons as this may damage them.
- Dust around edges in the elevators.
- Mop floor-eliminating stain.
- Vacuum carpets using a high power vacuum cleaner.
- Report loose or ripped carpeting to your supervisor and note in your assignment sheet.
- Use dry cloth for high polish.
- Mirrors should be stain free, wooden surface polished and dust free, floors spotlessly clean.
Elevator / Lift door channel cleaning:
- Elevator door channel should be free of dust and dirt at all given times.
- Stop the elevator on every floor.
- Both the inside and the outside of the elevator door should be wiped down.
- Remove all dust particles, dust with the help of the vacuum cleaner.
- Scrub the channel with a hand scrubbing brush.
- Wipe it clean with a dry duster.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What is the best time to schedule cleaning elevators / lifts?
Q2. What type of cleaning method to be followed by public area attendant for cleaning elevators?
Q3. Why the cleaning to be done from top to down?
Q4. How can you check if the cleaning of the mirrors are properly done?
Q5. Steps for cleaning lift door channels.