SOP Number: HK – 17 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Housekeeping – Guest Room
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 30 Minutes
- Apply diluted cleaning solution on to the scrubber and scrub top to bottom ensuring dirt/hair are removed from the tiles.
- Clean small area of the tile and grout and then dry with a sponge.
- Wet sponge with hot water and remove detergent.
- Tiles have to be cleaned daily with diluted Cleaning solution.
- They have to wipe dry, leaving no body fats or streaks on the tiles.
- Recheck all tiles to ensure no dirty streaks are left on the tiles.
- Care has to be taken around toilet and bathtub to make sure all tiles are dry.
- Wipe all surfaces with a dry cloth.
- Use a damp sponge with water only to wipe the mirror.
- Glass cleaner is not recommended for cleaning mirrors because it may leave streaks.
- Dry and polish the mirror with a dry cloth.
- Wipe entire area of glass.
- Check for smudges and re-wipe.
- From a distance check the mirror for stains and marks and leave the mirror spotlessly clean.
- All glass surfaces have to be clean and shiny.
Cleaning of drain:
- Spray small amount of cleaning solution on the drain cores.
- Scrub with Scrubber on top and below of drain cores.
- Wash with clean water.
- Mop the drain cover and remove any ace of water from the drain cores or holes.
- Drain holes not to have signs of dirt building or moping. They are to be left smelling fresh.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. Why tiles to be scrubbed from top to bottom?
Q2. What is the frequency of cleaning tiles?
Q3. What to be used to wipe the mirror?
Q4. What to be done if there are smudges on the mirror?
Q5. How to clean the bathroom drains?