SOP Number: HK – 16 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Housekeeping – Guest Room
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 30 Minutes
Shower curtain Cleaning:
- Dip the shower curtain in Luke warm water and few drops of diluted cleaning solution.
- Soak the shower curtain for 1/2 an hour.
- Scrub the curtain nicely from the lower part of the curtain.
- Scrub off soap buildup with a brush.
- Push the shower curtain liner against the wall.
- Wipe the edges and across the bottom of the liner.
- Wash gently with lots of water.
- Spread on discarded sheet in the pantry.
- Spread shower curtain on top of the sheet.
- Wipe it thoroughly.
- Shower curtain has to wipe with discard towel on daily basis.
- Make sure the shower curtain is dry and free of stains.
- Washing of shower curtain has to be done once in every fortnight.
- Hang back the shower curtain in the bathroom.
- Arrange the shower curtain and liner.
- Scrub the tub and skid strips / bath mats.
- Fill about one inch of water into the bathtub.
- Add the cleaning solution and scrub the strips as necessary with the scrubber.
- If necessary step inside the tub for through cleaning.
- Make sure that the strips are white after cleaning.
- Drain the water.
- Spray the all purpose cleaner on the bathtub and wipe it with a clean cloth.
- Look for any hairs and soap remains.
- Polish all chrome fixtures with a dry cloth.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. Why it is required to dip the shower curtain in Luke warm water with cleaning solution?
Q2. What is the frequency of washing shower curtain?
Q3. How to polish chrome bathroom fixtures?
Q4. What should be the color of the strips after cleaning?
Q5. What to be looked for on bathtub after cleaning?