SOP Number: HK – 15 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Housekeeping – Guest Room
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 30 Minutes
Materials Required for cleaning:
- A Clean washcloth or hand towel, a sponge, cleaning cloths, a stiff brush and cleaning supplies.
- Make space for cleaning.
- Move guest toiletries when necessary.
- Place a clean wash cloth or hand towel on that spot and keep the guest toiletries on it.
- Move the guest toiletries with the washcloth or towel.
- Wipe the light fixture, towel racks, and other bathroom fixtures.
- Neatly arrange them once the cleaning is completed.
- Wash the ashtrays, wastebasket and washbasin:
- Spray a little diluted LOC in the washbasin.
- Scrub inside the washbasin and the tap fixtures with nylon scrubber.
- Scrub the vanity counter and the side shelves with diluted solution of LOC.
- Wash with generous amount of water.
- Wash the ashtrays and wastebasket with your sponge, rinse them out in the sink and dry them with a clean cloth.
- Set the clean ashtrays aside in the wastebasket.
- Rinse your sponge and cleaning clothes as needed.
- Remove the sink stopper.
Clean surface area:
- Spray cleaning solutions on the sink, stopper, overflow and main sink drains, fixtures and vanity.
- Use a stiff brush to clean overflow holes in the sink as dirt often collects in sink overflow drains.
- Using a sponge wipe all the surfaces.
- Polish with a dry cloth to prevent water spots.
- Wipe dry with towel discard the entire vanity counter, side shelves and inside the washbasin.
- No watermarks on the chrome features or the counter.
- Dust below the vanity counter, wooden shelves and inside the vanity counter cupboard, which conceals the bottle trap and the plumbing fixtures.
- Sweep and mop below the vanity counter. Vanity counter has to be spotlessly clean with no spots or marks.
Cleaning chrome (Taps and fixtures):
- All chrome in the bathroom are wiped with a damp cloth, and then polished with a dry rag.
- All chrome items are free of watermarks, smears, to make them shiny. These include the polished taps, showerhead, soap holder, toilet paper holder, and towel rack and towel rod.
- All chrome fixtures are cleaned and polished dry showing no smears, dirty marks or fingerprints.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What are the materials required for cleaning guest room vanity area?
Q2. How to move guest toiletries?
Q3. Tips for washing ash trays and washbasins?
Q4. How to remove water spots?
Q5. Tips for cleaning chrome fixtures?