SOP Number: HK – 04 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Housekeeping – General
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 60 Minutes
- On the first day all new staff is introduced to all the Executive/ Supervisors of Housekeeping.
- They are shown the Housekeeping office, laundry and uniform/linen room.
- They are shown all other administrative offices and public areas.
- They are shown some of the rooms, pointing out fire exits, pantries, and location of fire alarms and location of service lifts.
- All staff on their first day in Housekeeping is given a brief tour of the areas that comes under Housekeeping.
- At the commencement of the shift, Executive/ Supervisor on duty to take the briefing.
- Information regarding new happening, group arrivals or departure, VIP’s in house etc. included in the briefing.
- Guest comments cards (GSTS) and all other important departmental information to be conveyed.
- Information about guest birthday and anniversary.
- Housekeeping Executive or Supervisor carries out the briefing at the commencement of the shift.
- The briefing should take maximum of 10 to 15 Mints.
Staff Hotel access:
- Staffs are not permitted on premises more than 1/2 hour before shift starts.
- Staffs are not permitted in premises more than 1/2 hour after duty ends unless working in the department.
- Staffs are not permitted in premises on off days.
- No visitors of staff are allowed inside the premises unless permitted by the management.
- Staffs adhere to hotel rules regarding time of admittance on premises.
Grooming & Hygiene of staff:
- All employees have to present themselves in a neat and tidy manner constant with the physical environment they work in.
- All employees should wearing company uniform on duty.
- Shower daily.
- Brush your teeth regularly
- Keep hair free of lice, dandruff.
- Do not chew gum, tobacco
- Wash hands regularly
- Gargle after smoking and have a breath freshener.
Marking of attendance and duty:
- At the commencement of every shift, the Housekeeping Executive/ supervisor marks the attendance of all staff.
- Staffs are allocated different areas according to the duty roster.
- Duties and Attendance of all Housekeeping staff is marked at the commencement of each shift by Housekeeping Executives/supervisors at the control Desk.
- There should be only supervisor for a staff.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What all to be shown and briefed on the first day of a new employee?
Q2. HK staffs are not permitted how many hours before duty?
Q3. Who is responsible for the allocation of duty roster and staff?
Q4. What to be done after smoking?
Q5. What all points to be discussed while conducting the staff briefing?