SOP Number: HK – 28 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Housekeeping – Guest Rooms
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED.
Time to Train: 30 Minutes
In some cases a guest room has to be taken out from inventory due to various maintenance works.
Below are few reasons when the room is taken under Out of Order ( OOO ):
- A/C leakage
- Bathroom leak
- Ceiling leak
- Carpet replace
- Window Glass broken
- False ceiling repair
- Room Ceiling Fungus appearing
- Blockage / Leakage in bathroom etc.
- The housekeeping department is responsible to pack the guest for the maintenance team to start their work.
Packing help to protect and prevent other areas in the rooms from damage due to dust, moisture, paint etc.
Depending upon each kind of maintenance activity the room boy should pack the room.
Below items are packed in most of the cases:
- All the furniture
- Guest supplies
- I pad-dock
- Home Theatre / surround systems.
- In Room Lightning and Temperature control systems.
- All fittings & fixtures and heavy items like bed to be covered.
- Carpet to be either rolled or covered with plastic or discard sheets.
- W/C seat to be covered and tied with polythene.
- Heavy items
- All artwork, lamps.
- Fittings have to be covered and kept aside.
- Entire carpet has to be covered wall to wall.
- Strip bed of all linen.
- Mattress protector, curtain swag, bed valence & bed cover to be sent for dry-cleaning.
- Pillows, shower curtain and small items to be packed, numbered and kept in store.
- All supplies & stationery to be packed numbered and stored.
- Small furniture to be numbered and kept in the store.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. Who is responsible for packing guest room for maintenance work?
Q2. Give few examples for taking rooms under OOO status?
Q3. How to protect the room carpet during maintenance work?