SOP Number: HK – 02 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Housekeeping – Guest Room Maintaining
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 45 Minutes
Servicing of Occupied Rooms:
- All occupied rooms are serviced twice daily and as and when requested by the guest.
- Enter the room according to the procedure of entry to guestrooms.
- Clear the garbage according to the procedure of removal of garbage from dustbins.
- Collect the soiled linen and throw in the linen bag.
- Make the bed, follow the bed making procedure.
- Perform dusting of the room.
- Vacuuming of carpet and the upholstery maintenance.
- Clean Bathroom.
- All amenities are replenished in bathroom. (Maintain photograph for standard amenity placement)
- After servicing the room following facilities function to be checked.
- All Telephones
- All Bulbs.
- Any in room Entertainment system.
Servicing of vacant room:
- Room has to be spic and span at every given time.
- Knock the door.
- Switch on all lights.
- Open heavy and sheer curtains.
- Remove turn down service.
- Put bed cover.
- Do the dusting.
- Replenish water and ice.
- Mop bathroom flooring with disinfectant.
- Vacuum the carpet if necessary.
- Close sheer curtain.
- Heavy curtain should be half closed.
- Put of all the lights.
- Give final looks and shut the door.
Servicing of vacant dirty room:
- Vacant dirty rooms cleaned thoroughly and all used items/ amenities are changed with fresh ones. Left guest items to be deposited at Housekeeping control Desk.
- Knock and enter the room.
- All drawers and cupboards are checked for any lost and found of guest.
- All dustbins are cleared of garbage.
- Soiled linen to be removed.
- Bed is made according to procedure for bed making.
- Dusting of room is done.
- Vacuum upholstery and carpet.
- All glassware and Ashtrays have to be cleaned.
- All guest amenities in room have to be replenished.
- Bathroom is cleaned according to procedure.
- Replenished amenities in the bathroom.
- All items used by the previous guest are changed with fresh ones.
- All maintenance work are noted and given to the Engineering department.
- Inform room status to the Housekeeping control desk.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What is the difference in servicing occupied, Dirty and a vacant departure room?
Q2. Points while servicing a occupied room?
Q3. Why should we replenish all guest amenities with a new one while servicing a ‘Vacant departure room’?
Q4. What all to be check after servicing the room?
Q5. Whom to be reported in case you find any issues with TV / Bulbs etc?