SOP Number: HK – 22 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Housekeeping – General
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED.
Time to Train: 30 Minutes
- Houseman / Housemaid sets his trolley as per the standard, like bed sheets in one shelf, towels in another, bathroom amenities in a separate drawer.
- Maids cart can be compared as a giant tool box, It should be stocked with all the required amenities to complete a complete shifts room cleaning.
- The maids cart should be spacious enough to carry all the required supplies for one shifts work.
- The cart should be light weight, easy to clean and easily maneuverable.
- The cart has to be always well organized and well stocked before starting each shift.
- A well stocked maids cart will avoid unnecessary trips to the floor pantry.
- The amount of supplies loaded on to the cart depends upon the number of rooms, type of rooms to be serviced on the assigned floor.
- The carts are normally stocked from the floor pantry.
- Never over stock or under stock the cart: Overstocking will increase the risk of accidents or damage to the supplies. Whereas under stocking can slow down the efficiency of cleaning because of the regular trips to the floor pantry to collect the required items.
- Record the items loaded on the cart on the Room assignment sheet.
Few examples of supplies loaded on the maids cart:
- Foam bath
- Sewing kit
- Shower cap
- Disposal bag
- Toilet rolls
- Tissue box
- Soap dish
- Bath towel
- Hand towel
- Face towel
- Bed spread
- Pillow covers etc.
The cleaning supplies are kept is a separate hand caddy, Below are few items stocked on the hand caddy.
- Toilet cleaning solution
- Bowl brush
- Toilet brush
- All-purpose cleaner
- Cleaning clothes
- Rubber gloves
- On one end of the cart there will be a bag for storing the dirty / soiled linens.
- There will be a garbage bag in one corner of the maids cart with a lid on it.
- Once the shift is over the maids cart / maids trolley to be moved back to the floor pantry and all the shelves to be locked.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. Who is responsible for setting up the maids cart / trolley?
Q2. What should be looked for while purchasing a maids cart / floor trolley?
Q3. Disadvantage of over stocking and under stocking maids cart?
Q4. Give few examples of guest room supplies loaded in cart?
Q5. What is a hand caddy?