SOP Number: HK – 12 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Housekeeping – Laundry
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 30 Minutes
Prepare loads of laundry:
- The weight of each laundry can change as per the property and linen quality.
- Use a weighing scale to weight the solid linen batch.
- Always load the washer with the correct capacity, Do not overload or under load the machines.
Organize the laundry activity:
- Always follow the laundry production log to determine the order in which the washing has to be done.
- Record the loads you wash on the log.
- Wash heavily soiled linen first so that the stains will not ruin the other items.
- If you have multiple washers then start each washer in at least of a time difference of 5 to 10 minutes which will help in the below process.
- Smooth and consistent work flow.
- Save water.
- Save electricity and electrical overloads.
- Prevents flooding and clogged drains due to washer’s draining at the same time.
- Always schedule the laundry loads to meet up with the next stage in the laundry cycle.
- Keep the correct amount of flat work, such as tablecloths and sheets washed to allow continues operation of the calendar machines.
Special thinks to notice while washing:
- Wash new linens with color separately the first few times, There is a chance of dyeing other fabrics if this is not done.
- To avoid fading of dark colored linens wash them in lower temperature.
- Wash uniforms in cold water to prevent fading of darker colors onto lighter colors.
- Do not use chlorine / bleach on colored linens / clothes.
- If the clothes / uniforms has delicate embroideries, decorative buttons, strings etc. then wash them inside nylon mesh bags to prevent damage and also to avoid tangling.
- Never overload or under load the washers.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. Explain how to prepare loads for laundry?
Q2. Why should we record the loads which is washed?
Q3. What is the advantages of having a time difference between multiple loads?
Q4. Why it is important to record all items on the lost and found register?
Q5. Chlorine / bleach to be avoided on what kind of linens ?