SOP Number: F&B – 29 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Food and Beverage Service – Banquet
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 45 Min
Banquet Manager / Supervisor checklist for breakaway tasks :
- Clearing of all tables of china, glasses, flatware and ashtrays.
- Straighten legs on all tables.
- Remove all linens.
- Rearrange all chairs around tables neatly.
- Store salt and pepper shakers, sugar bowls, ashtrays, water pitchers and other tabletop items.
- Clear all remaining carts and lock them.
- Remove candles and any melted wax from candelabras and return to storage.
- Pour several pitchers of water into garbage cans to prevent possible fire hazards.
- Take update from the supervisor regarding the status of breakaway activities.
Banquet / Event Supervisor:
- Supervise the banquet / event service staff.
- Turn off the public address system.
- Request Media / Engineering department to collect microphones, cords projectors and other audiovisual equipment and return to storage.
- Search area for valuable items left behind by guest.
- Check cloakroom and restrooms areas and secure any items found and turn them in to the lost and found the following day.
- Turn off lights and Also request the Engineering department to turn off the HVAC system.
- Lock all the doors and return the keys to the security department.
- Inform maintenance department regarding any maintenance problems which need attention.
- Prepare report to the Banquet manager regarding any guest complaints or serious staff-member relations problem.
- Lock, secure and turn off lights and air conditioning units in all other function rooms.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. Why it is important to pour water into garbage bin?
Q2. What all items to be stored after the function?
Q3. Which action to be taken if you find any issue with the equipment in banquet hall?
Q4. Why it is important to turn off lights and HVAC systems?
Q5. After locking all doors the keys to be returned to which department?