SOP Number: F&B – 35 ( SOP serial number and department code )
Department: Food and Beverage Service – General
Date Issued: DATE THE DOCUMENT WAS CREATED
Time to Train: 30 Minutes
Personal Hygiene in F&B department:
- Shower daily.
- Brush your teeth regularly
- Keep hair free of lice, dandruff.
- Do not chew gum, tobacco
- Wash hands regularly
- Gargle after smoking and have a breath freshener.
Food handlers must :
- Be properly clothed in clean clothing.
- Keep hands finger nails and body clean.
- Wash hands thoroughly before commencing work, after using the toilet and at other times.
- Wear water proof dressing over wounds.
- Do not smoke while involved in food handling.
- Ensure food is protected from pest and dirt.
- After visiting the toilet.
- After blowing the nose if you are involved in food preparation or handling of unprotected food.
- After fingering the nose or face.
- After handling the garbage or spoiled foods.
- Before and after handling raw produce such as meat, poultry and the vegetables.
- Before and after handling different types of food,Eg. Uncooked and cooked (To Prevent cross contamination).
- After handling money
- After tea and meal break.
- After clean-up.
- Before handling unprotected food or preparing food.
- Use warm water
- Always use antibacterial soap
- Wash for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- WASH: Palm, Nails, Wrists, Between fingers, Thumbs, Knuckles.
- Dry with paper towel or hot air.
Bad Personal Habits:
- Smoking. Smoking in the kitchen area.
- Coughing and sneezing.
- Picking pimples and sores.
- Fingering food.
- Licking fingers.
- Tasting food with unwashed spoon.
- Scratching the head.
Exclusion of food handlers (Food handlers must report )
- Infected wounds.
- Major wounds even it not infected.
- Eye ,Nose and ear infections.
- Colds and flu.
Training Summary questions:
Q1. What all should food handlers report before duty?
Q2. What is the Proper way of washing your hands before duty?
Q3. What are bad personal habits?
Q4. What to be done if you have a cut in your hand?
Q5. When all one should wash your hands ?