SOP Number: Hotel Engineering SOP – 11
Department: Engineering and Maintenance
Date Issued: 22–Feb-2018
Time to Train: 20 Minutes
Air Blower For Sewage Treatment Plant Checklist and Procedure:
- Clamp meter.
- Crimping Tool.
- Oil Can.
- Air Blower.
- Grease Gun.
- Spanner Set.
- Line Tester.
- PVC tape.
- Old clothes.
- WD- 40.
- Lubricating Oil.
- Carbon removing compound.
Air Blower For Sewage Treatment Plant Maintenance Activity:
- Motor Should be of minimum 20 HP.
- Electrical control should be proper.
- Check for any burnt contact, loose electrical connection and overall operation to be checked.
- Overload relay should be checked.
- Check the operation of the relay, setting and loose electrical connections.
- Check the timer operation and timer settings.
- Check for any loose electrical connection.
- Check for any burnt electrical connection.
- Check the MCB rating and verify with the recommended Amp.
- Check the motor bearing.
- Perform oiling, greasing or change the bearing if required.
- Check the internal Resistance Value.
- The Compressor filter should be checked for any sand/dust and to be cleaned.
- Air pressure setting in pressure gauge to be verified and set to the correct settings.
- Check the V-belt if the same is loose or broken, then it should be replaced.
- Check the bearing and do oiling/greasing.
- The bearing to be changed if it is noisy.
Other points to check:
- Check at the full Load motor capacity should be 28 Amp.
- Check and verify the overload setting should be 16Amp.
- Overload relay range should be between 14Amp to 23 Amp.
- The timer Setting should be at 09 Sec.
- Check and verify the control fuse rating at 4 Amp.
- Check and verify the MCB rating should be at 100 Amp.
Remarks by the Technician: