SOP Number: Hotel Engineering SOP – 10
Department: Engineering and Maintenance
Date Issued: 20–Feb-2018
Time to Train: 20 Minutes
Chafing Dish Maintenance Checklist and Procedure:
- Crimping tool.
- Line Tester.
- Spanner Set.
- PVC tape.
- Old clothes.
- Carbon removing compound.
Electric Chafing Dish Maintenance Activity:
- Check the MCB for Loose and electrical connections.
- Check and verify the rating of the MCB.
- Check for proper earthing.
- If an extension cord is used then check for any burnt or cuts in the wire.
- Repair any burnt or cuts in the wire, if there is extensive damage to the wire then the same to be replaced with new one.
- Thimbling should be proper, any burnt or loose thimble to checked and replaced.
- Heating Element operation to be checked.
- Support (Clamp) for lid – supporting clamps to the chafing dish should be tightened if required.
- Thermostat – Operation, setting and loose electrical connection to thermostat to be checked.
- The temperature of item in container should be 60 – 70 Deg.C.
- The heating element rating should be 250 Watt.
- The MCB rating should be 10A.
Remarks by the Technician: